Values and Guiding Principles
The Central Coast Land Conservancy supports the preservation of open spaces, scenic vistas, working landscapes and natural areas valued by the people and communities of the Central Oregon Coast and important to the long-term health and well-being of our native plants and animals.
The CCLC offers a unique service to local landowners who opportunistically want to protect their property when that property is determined to be compatible with Central Coast Land Conservancy's mission. We utilize federal, state and nonprofit group assessments to plan strategically for protecting our natural heritage now and for future generations.
The Central Coast Land Conservancy provides services through:
• Accepting title land and holding conservation easements that meet conservation and organizational priorities.
• Assisting partners in planning, management, restoration or monitoring of conservation lands.
• Assuring professional management of our holdings to protect and enhance habitat and critical ecological processes.
• Implementing adaptive management practices and applying the most effective tools needed to meet management goals.
• Providing planning, budgeting and investment strategies to insure that financial resources are in place to sustain necessary stewardship activities.
• Serving as a knowledgeable resource to others, providing expertise in the conservation and management of environmentally sensitive lands.
In the next five years the Central Coast Land Conservancy will strive to:
• Address conservation and stewardship needs as outlined in our mission and vision.
• Create opportunities to educate and engage our communities in land conservation.
• Enhance our organizational capacity.
• Strengthen financial stability.
• Meet Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices.